October 2007 brought another top finish for Jabiru USA. FAA registrations of J-250 and J-170 led the industry for the second consecutive month contributing to their rise in the ranks. Czech Aircraft Works logged a good increase and moved up in the chart. And, CubCrafters continued their steady climb. *** In a fresh look, this month’s chart has more information. Included are the top 20 brands, counting all models by those companies (four manufacturers have multiple certifications). In addition to percentages, this month we also show the number of airplanes registered with FAA. But remember, FAA registrations do not precisely equal deliveries. Finally, due to questions about how their numbers are counted, we omitted weight shift and powered parachute LSA. *** A few observations may add to your own study of this chart. Cub replicas or redesigns from three companies added together would convincingly occupy the #2 slot with 181 registered. Little yellow taildraggers obviously have lots of appeal. And the SkyBoy and Allegro are represented by a related group. Were these two joined, they’d take the #3 spot with 95 total registrations. Finally, high wing designs account for 70% (714 of 1,023) while low wings (and a couple “shoulder wing” designs) take the remaining 30% of registrations.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Leave a Reply